19 April 2013

Quilt on a Fence and Grand Plans


After moving stuff over from Old Home last weekend, I finally have my iron, ironing board and other necessary sewing supplies. This has resulted in the loss of our kitchen, but the gain of Mrs. Squatter's Craft Room! My next project will definitely be cleaning up the basement and setting up some rooms. We're going to set up a living room, which will stay nice and cool during the summer months, and a proper sewing room for me. At Old Home I had two rooms full of crafting supplies, but never actually set up a functional sewing space. This resulted in a lot of pulling crap into the living room, then shoving it back into my rooms of shame and tidying up when Mr. Squatter was due home. I am determined to not let history repeat itself.


As to what we've been up to in the last few days, I finally finished the quilt I showed you a sneak peak of in the last post. With the help of some bonito flakes, I managed to lure the kitties off of it long enough to shove it into a bag and smuggle it out of the house, and headed to Bolt for binding fabric. The awesome staff helped me pick out an absolutely perfect one. Have I mentioned lately how much I freaking LOVE this neighborhood? I made and attached the binding today.



front


back



It still needs washed, but I wanted to snap some pictures before gifting it to the little squirt this Sunday. Paddy is not pleased.

Gimme my quilt back or I'll keep being ugly and mean!


This weekend will be a busy one; Tomorrow is Record Store Day, so Mr. Squatter will be dragging me out of bed early to hit up local shops for limited vinyl. Later in the day someone's bringing me rolls of fabric to sew for a secret project. On Sunday we're heading to Manzanita to PARTAY with the newly 5-year-old Colin, then rushing back to town in time to catch the Timbers away match v the gross and thuggish San Jose Earthquakes. Wednesday is supposed to be gorgeous and sunny, so I'm taking some photos for our neighbor shop, Narrative, whom you should check out because they have amazing stuff at incredible prices; Clara (the owner) and I are collaborating on some creative ideas that I'm super excited about. So hopefully we'll have a chance to unpack some boxes and get started on downstairs, in which case we will share. If not, you'll just have to wait in anticipation.

Calmed down kitteh


No comments:

Post a Comment