25 April 2013

The week so far, in pictures.

Laundry, Squat Style

Greetings, lovely followers of the Squat! We don't have any progress to share, but I wanted to check in while I have a chance. Mr. Squatter turns a year older this weekend, so there won't be much work going on. We're opting to sit in the backyard and eat piles and piles of Mexican food instead. Really, you should see my overly ambitious menu. The food might be good, but I will be an exhausted, grumpy mess, and it's my own damned fault.


Saturday was crazy, but we managed to get up at the same time as the sun and snag some of the vinyl treasures Mr. Squatter had his eye on. Unfortunately we missed out on the Superchunk 7" at the top of his list. If you happened to buy it to flip, don't be a jerk. Sell it to him at purchase price.

Last Sunday was our darling Colly's 5th birthday party (despite his actual birthday being at the beginning of the month). The good aunt in me attended, but the bad aunt in me forgot to bring my camera. I attempted some with my phone, but gave up pretty darn quickly. I'm bummed, as I've photographed all of his birthday parties up to this point. At least I managed a crappy shot of him in his birthday crown, which I made for his 2nd. His head hasn't grown. It's always been that huge.

Uncle Squatter gave him a giant orange gummy snake and a couple of awesome scores we got at the children's bookstore up the street. It is seriously the coolest. They have puppet shows, children's poetry readings, and all sorts of other events that make me wish Colin lived in town.

Wow. I'm talking about a place for kids without disgust. What has happened to me?!?

The reason I'm even bringing up the party is to share that I gave him his quilt, and he loves it. His mom told me that the next night he didn't want to sleep alone until she put it on his bed, which made him feel snuggly and secure and he was fine. *SNIFF SNIFF* So I guess a quilt IS a good gift for a 5-year-old after all?


Both Mr. Squatter and I are struggling with especially horrible allergies this year (I'B DOT SICK!). I've been totally wiped out, much to the kitties' delights. They have been all about the climbing on me to cuddle when I lie down in a congested fog. Just look at those faces! JUST LOOK AT THAT PAW! They are the sweetest, most wonderful nurses anyone could ever hope for. They've gotten insanely lazy since we moved into the Squat, but that suits me just fine. They'll be napping together in the sun and I'm all, "Scoot over, chickens, I'm jumping in!" But seriously, look at that paw.

Yesterday was Narrative photo day, and I'm oh-so pleased with how they turned out. Here's a few of the images:









And now back to sewing. The real reason for this boring post is it's a way for me to procrastinate finishing the huge project I'm working on. Something about seaming and hemming 90 feet of plain white fails to excite me. I'm nearly finished, though, and feeling very inspired to make some white cotton summer dresses. Maybe next week. In the meantime, back to the sweatshop for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment